Brief Statement of Standards
Pacific Press® Specialty Printing will accept only jobs that in both text and illustrations are in harmony with the Christian standards held by Pacific Press® and its parent organization—the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Such standards include, but are not limited to, the following:
- No alcohol, tobacco, recreational drugs, caffeinated beverages, or biblically unclean meats.
- No jewelry or immodest clothing.
- No movies, dancing, gambling, or sexually suggestive activity—explicit or implied.
- No cursing or obscene or vulgar language.
Commitment for Jobs
All commitments for jobs to be produced outside of normal in-house work flow shall be made through the Director of Specialty Printing, who will insure that all such jobs adhere to the Brief Statement of Standards above. Other departments at Pacific Press® are not authorized to make commitments for Specialty Printing jobs.
Review and Approval Process
- Before a job number is issued for a Specialty Printing job, and before any department charges time to it, all such jobs shall first be reviewed by the Director of Specialty Printing. If a job is judged to be acceptable, the Director of Specialty Printing will so indicate by placing an approval stamp on the copy or paste-up.
- Any job containing theological information or other matter that might be of concern to the Church shall first be reviewed by the Editorial department before the job is approved or a job number is issued.
- Both Pacific Press® and the customer must agree on compliance with the Statement of Standards in order for a job to be accepted. Noncompliance with the Statement on the part of the customer will be deemed a breach of contract, releasing Pacific Press® from any obligation to complete production of the job.
- If at any time any job is judged by Pacific Press® to be unsuitable for production, it will be returned to the customer.